Thursday, May 7, 2009

Boston Organics, Week 10

I opted out of the previous delivery because I knew I was going to be out of town, but here's how I used the last delivery: I made a fruit salad out of the apples, pears, oranges, kiwis, and bananas; ate the grapefruit and tangelos; made David Lebovitz's carrot cake ice cream with the carrots; put the scallions in water and used some for making tofu with spicy garlic sauce and the bacon and egg bunny buns; made coconut curry noodles with the collar greens and green pepper; made Korean-style soy sauce potatoes with the potatoes; and used the yellow squash in hot pot.

Boston Organics, Week 10

This week I got 1 Bosc Pear, 3 Fair Trade Bananas, 2 Fuji Apples, 2 Kiwis, 1 Red Grapefruit, 2 Valencia Oranges, 1 bag of Baby Carrots, 1 Cubanelle Pepper, 1 Fair Trade Avocado, 1 Salad Tomato, 1 Yellow Squash, and 1 bunch Collard Greens. I think you already know what I'm going to make with the collard green, and I'll probably throw in the pepper and maybe the squash. I still have some limes from making the mango lime sorbet, so I'll probably make guacamole with the avocado, onions, and tomato. Any suggestions for what to do with the carrots if I don't want to taste them (other than carrot cake and carrot cake ice cream)?

No comments:

Post a Comment